The Tourist Office’s missions
Welcoming, informing and promoting: an exciting challenge for Roissy-en-France Tourist Office, which came into being in January 2003. The Tourist Office is a member of the French National Federation of Tourist Offices.
Business tourism: bringing offer and demand into line, supporting future projects
Roissy-en-France is a privileged destination for business tourism. The proximity of Roissy Charles de Gaulle international airport has been the driving force behind this development: passengers, air crew and guides have access to an effective hotel centre, suitable meeting and seminar resources, a large selection of restaurants, etc
Visitors at exhibitions at Bourget and Villepinte Exhibition Parks are also welcome in Roissy-en-France: the Tourist Office is there to facilitate the organisation of seminars and conventions; the Office is the institutional link for bringing into line offer and demand.
Ultimately, with the arrival of future projects, Horizon 2011, Aéroville (avant-garde shopping centre, www.aeroville.com), ITC (Congress centre), the 18-hole golf course (club house, seminar room), the destination is going to become even more attractive. It will also confirm the Office’s role as a tourism and convention centre.
Layover tourism: entertainment for a few hours
In 2010, the hotels in Roissy-en-France welcomed about 1,600,000 guests.
The tourist information and reception services next to an airport are unusual compared to a traditional Tourist Office:
- the destination is very busy, but it has not necessarily been chosen.
- visitors remain in a very anxiety-producing environment.
- the length of stay is very short (1,2 nights in Roissy, even a few hours for some).
- the customer segments are large and varied (in addition to traditional segments: crews, transcontinental layovers, pre-journey, emergencies, etc.).
Products and services marketed by the Tourist Office.
In line with the missions previously mentioned, the Tourist Office offers a full and varied range of products and services:
Services for private individuals:
- Audioguide village tour of the village. For further information click here.
- Bicycle hire. For further information click here.
- Ticket office. For further information click here.
- Central Reservations. For further information click here.
Services for groups:
- The hire of L'Orangerie. For further information click here.
- Coach and boat tours of Paris. For further information click here.
The destination’s key figures
- Graph presenting the key figures for 2012 for the “Roissy, Clé de France” Tourist Office
- Number of hotel guests in Roissy-en-France between 2009 and 2012
- November 2012: Hotel sector performance in France
- December 2011: Hotel sector performance in France
- Val d'Oise: Occupancy rate for accredited hotels between 2005 and 2012
- Ile de France: Occupancy rate for accredited hotels between 2005 and 2012 I
- Tourism centres: Occupancy rate for accredited hotels between 2009 and 2012
- Survey of tourists arriving at Roissy Charles de Gaulle in 2011